Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February Blog Carnival

Your mission for the February Blog Carnival, if you chose to accept it, was to write a love letter or a break-up letter. The letter could be addressed to anyone or anything-- and from anyone or anything-- past, present, or future.

We had so many great entries this month! Enjoy...


===


I'm On My Way
You're fleeting and intense, with a flair for the dramatic - but I'm so thankful for you. You've touched my life in so many different forms over the years, which is more than some people ever experience. I don't know why you've chosen to come to me time and time again, but I'm thankful for the joy, heartache, and lessons you bring...


The Rest is Still Unwritten
This is meant to be a love letter, but I’m thinking that if you ever read this, it may lead to you replying with a breakup letter. It does feel really weird writing to you, especially considering you do not yet exist...


Just Tabitha
I hate to say this to you in a detached, impersonal manner such as an open letter on my public blog, but we need to break up. You've been weighing me down for too long, and I'm sick of it... no matter how many times I've moaned and griped and complained about how completely unkind, annoying and unwelcome you are, you still hang onto me like an inflatable pool toy that got stuck around Augustus Gloop's pudgy belly...


Living Life
I'll never forget the first moment I laid eyes on you. Your big blue eyes, your gorgeous hair, and eventually your infectious laughter and smile would further capture me. I was honored to be chosen as your godmother...


[Mis]Adventures of Elle Bee
It feels like I’m constantly telling you how much I love you, so much so the words are lacking. It seems you’ve heard it all before and there simply is nothing I can say that will demonstrate that this is truly a monumental amount of love...


Blah Blah Blah
I hate you so much. You seduced me with your adorable apron into that hot room of sin just to watch me fail. I should've recognized your type. The type that dangles delicious photographs of meals you know I'd love to eat just to watch me slave away until I burn myself...


Smell the Glove
Were the sky to open and the heavens to rain down a hundred thousand sparkling drops of thanks, it would not even begin to express the love and gratitude I hold for you and only you. Of course, I had to put up with the Andys, the Georges... even a few Elizabeths now and again. But none of them came close to you or the way you made me feel...


===


Don't forget to submit your March Blog Carnival entries by March 31st. Include a link to your post and a link to your 20sb profile!

3 comments:

David Stehle said...

Sweet, I made it! This will really drive Olga mad!

(inside joke, if you read my blog you know who I mean)

Now I have to go read the rest of the entries. This was a great blog carnival topic. Congrats to everyone!

Too Many Brain Tabs said...

Woohoo!! Thanks for picking me. :) Off to read the others!

Jenn said...

Yeah - I made the list :) I've read most of the others...but now I'm off to read the rest!