Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blog Carnival 4: Good causes

Featured posts:


Mallory from These Words Are My Own

 

Rediscovering Simple Joy

 

I've always thought that my mother was an amazing person. For the past twenty years, she's been working as a teacher's aide in a classroom for students with special needs. She is underpaid and underappreciated, but she loves those kids so much that it's unlikely that she'll ever leave.

 

Read more here.


Angela from Wickedly Scarlett

A Disease Close To Every Girl's Heart

A long time ago, in a lifetime that seems far, far away, I received a phone call.  It wasn't a particularly long phone call.  It wasn't from anyone out of the ordinary, and I even remember being pleasantly surprised when I saw my father's name on the caller id.  However, that phone call changed my life and it changed my family forever.

Read more here


Adam from 20 Something Pastor

Where's Your Treasure?

In February of this year, a team of bloggers, traveled to Uganda to see the work Compassion International is doing, write and record what they experienced, and share the stories of the millions of children who desperately need help financially, but ultimately need to understand the love and hope of Christ. Anne Jackson was a part of the team and is the reason I knew about the trip.

Read more here


Suili from Because I Said So

Stop The Traffic

I saw some of the worst aspects of that trade on the streets of Phnom Penh and Siam Reap. Some people may only be trying to earn a living, but small children should not be selling trinkets (or themselves) to tourists — they should be in school. The training programs offered by this project are a valuable means of supporting survivors of trafficking to get their lives back on track in a country that is so heartbreakingly beautiful.

Read more here


Vanessa from Subject to Change

Give Life 101

Currently, there are about 98,000 people waiting on the list for an organ. Unfortunately, there are generally not enough donors to meet the demand for organs. About 18 people on average die every day for lack of organs. The lack of organs is especially punitive to minority groups such as blacks and Hispanics because generally the need is greater even though these groups donate at roughly the same rate as other demographic groups.

Read more here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesom posts guys.